Tuesday, September 30, 2008

does somebody smell cheese?

So I decided I wanted to start a blog to document my thoughts and feelings during this very special time in my life.

It's been about a week and a half since I took my first pregnancy test. But let’s back track to how I even got to the point of taking a pregnancy test in the first place.

It was a Saturday afternoon - Me, my sister and Ivy were prepping for Delilah’s baptism the following day. As we were making macaroni and cheese I told both of them how much the smell of that cheese bothered me. They both swore it wasn't that bad and I was being weird. I insisted that the smell was very strong and was making me ill. My sister then posed the question - "Are you sure you're not pregnant?"

The first thought that crossed my mind... Am I? Could I be? I started thinking and reflecting to myself more... Could I really be?

Well, maybe... let’s see…

The smell of cheese never seemed to bother me before... and neither did a whiff of cologne II could have sworn it was much stronger than usual -- right? Also, why the hell have my boobs been sore for the past week? That hasn't happened to me before. And those dull annoying headaches that just wouldn't go away last week - hah, funny... I had 3 of them - could it just be stress?

My sister's small comment and my consequent thoughts built up my curiosity - so what the hell – I decided to just take a test.

As soon as I got home from the baptism’s festivities, I insisted that Eric take me to the drugstore to pick up a test. And on the way home, I just had this overwhelming feeling come over me...

The strange hunger pains,

The increased sense of smell

The headaches

And most of all – my sore boobs!

OH MY GOD! I THINK I AM! I REALLY THINK I AM!!!

And sure enough, peeing on a stick for 5 seconds and two pink lines later - I was almost certain I was. :)

1 comment:

Jen said...

I told you so! Funky smells, sore boobs and yes, headaches with more to come! Haha! It is a wonderful experience despite all the bad that you hear! Best wishes!