Monday, April 13, 2009

goog baby shower, gallstones, packing on the pounds

My co-workers threw me a Google Baby Shower this past Friday. It was soooo much fun! Jess brought Sprinkles cupcakes for everyone, Anourack organized games, favors, and did an excellent job with decor, and several people contributed to the appetizers we all munched on. The team all pitched in and bought us generous gifts: the carseat, snap & go stroller, extra car seat base, a pack of diapers, and an organic google onesie and beanie. Maria got the baby a Google train and Regina dropped off some crib sheets from our gift registry. So much good stuff!







I've also been experiencing a stinging pain under the right side of my ribcage. I notice the pain usually after a meal and the doctor told me at my last appointment that it could be gall bladder pain from gallstones. She referred me to get an abdomen ultrasound for further investigation, which I ended up doing this morning at 7:30 am! This is SUPER early for me. It's so funny they call it an abdomen ultrasound. When the tech was performing the ultrasound test on me, she was probing mainly on the sides of my body. Can you believe that's where all my organs (which are supposed to be housed in my abdomen) have moved!? Anyways, the ultrasound technician said everything checked out fine and things look normal so it's likely not gallstones (woohoo!) but that I should wait until I hear from my doctor on Wednesday. I'm glad it's not gallstones but I still feel the pain from time to time. The ultrasound tech said it could be from the baby pushing on the organs and making it harder for some things to drain and function properly. Either way, it sounds like it's just another one of those side effects of pregnancy.

And with 7 weeks remaining, I am quickly packing on the pounds! No joke. I saw stretch marks on my body for the first time this morning. I feel as heavy as a sumo wrestler everytime I try to walk up the stairs and the back pain is starting to really get to me. I'm starting to retain a lot of water too. I'm trying to be really good at elevating my legs every evening and drink as much water as I can to help.

No comments: